Just a really fucking rough weekend.
not to mention drinking hot drinks. steamy glasses will be the death of me
Emptying a steamy dishwasher. Pouring out a hot pan of water. Rain. Sand. Random scratches that just appear in your vision.
"Is there something in my eye, or something smearing my glasses?"
AS world leaders met in New York for a United Nations climate change summit, a report from PwC outlined their failure to deal with the issue to date.
Leaders including Barack Obama met for the gab fest, which comes ahead of a meeting next December in Paris where a global deal to take on climate change is supposed to be signed.
The PwC report, Two degrees of separation: ambition and reality, shows that for most countries, actions aren’t matching with words.
Under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, world governments have agreed to limit the global temperature increase to 2°C. To meet this scenario, fossil fuel CO2 emissions between 2010 and 2100 need to be no more than 990Gt.
The report said, ‘While all governments at the UNFCCC reiterate the goal of limiting warming to 2°C, implementation has fallen short of this goal. Current total annual energy-related emissions are just over 30GtCO2 and still rising, a carbon burn rate that would deplete the carbon budget for the entire century within the next 20 years.’
‘The IPCC has warned that our current trajectory will lead to warming estimated to range from 3.7-4.8°C over the 21st century.
PwC said GDP growth needed to be decoupled from carbon emissions growth for the world to have a chance to meet its targets. PwC uses a carbon intensity measurement, which is tCO2 per 2013US$m of GDP to measure the effectiveness of carbon reduction measures.
Australia came out on top of this list in 2012-13, cutting its carbon intensity by 7.2%, compared to the previous year. The UK was second, with a 4.8% drop in carbon intensity, followed by Italy, with a 4.1% reduction.
Click here to read the report.
- emma watson: gets casted as the female lead in one of history's biggest movie franchises
- emma watson: spends the next decade slaying as hermione granger
- emma watson: manages to flim 8 movies as a teenager AND get amazing grades
- emma watson: gets accepted to Brown, an IVY LEAGUE UNIVERSITY
- emma watson: overcomes the struggle of leaving home to go to college overseas
- emma watson: completes her degree despite always having to deal with the fact that she's a huge celebrity among regular college students
- emma watson: delivers an empowering, wonderfully thoughtful, honest speech about gender equality
- emma watson: is intelligent, down-to-earth, kind and sweet
- emma watson: is also ridiculously hot
- emma watson: is perfect human
- crusty men living in their parents basements: shit
- crusty men living in their parents basements: i feel so threatened rn
- crusty men living in their parents basements: let's leak her nudes